View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 10:30 PM   #71
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Avanill had collected several debts that night without a single limb being lost, his money bag now was heavy with gold. Maybe now my mother will let me buy another bloody horse!Avanill thought amusingly

One that can get me places faster... Ah! no, it would upset her. I suppose the animal isnt that bad, after all it served her well enough... It was true, everytime he thought ill of that animal it made him feel guilty. He looked up at the moon high in the night sky and stood for a minute in the middle of the road. An old man was watching him from the shaddows of his verandah.

"You allright mate?" he asked, his words slured by the absence of several teeth. Avanill turned his tall frame to see who the voice was. "Yes sir" he replied. The old man stepped out of the dark and into the moonlight. "Marcello!" exclaimed Avanill now seeing the old man. "Avanill? Oh my! You are a big lad now arent you! How long has it been?"

"Four years old friend, i am almost twenty one now." He said proudly. The old man nodded and held onto Avanill. "Last time I saw your mother was when she ran into trouble with those Gondorians, must have been eight or so years ago now. Tell me lad, what are you doing in Bree?"

Avanill frowned. "Business, surely you have heard of the most successful blackmarket trader in Middle Earth then?" The old man laughed, "Aye, now i think about it, i have. Come i have something then that will intrest you."

The old man beckoned him inside his hut where the old man took from the cupboard a bottle holding what looked like water. "This is water from the Enchanted River in Mirkwood, it is a powerful sleeping potion." Avanill laughed. "Aye, and who went to the elven realm to collect it?" Avanill smiled. The old man laughed. "Twas an elf lad, You can have it for thirty pieces of gold, sell it for one hundred on the market." Avanill lay the gold on the Marcello's table and after parting ways he was out in the street again.

Im a pushover arent i? he laughed ot himself and put the bottle inot his bag. Now for a drink.He walked several blocks before he saw the familliar sign of the Prancing Pony. He doubted that he would find trouble there that night.

~My lord, Éomer~