View Single Post
Old 03-22-2003, 12:06 AM   #17
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Thank goodness! I hope it's staying away permanently, though here in Illinois the weather is being annoyingly flirtatious. A few days ago I was wearing shorts and today it was raining and very, very cold.

I celebrate by taking all the walks that would have frozen me to death a month ago. We live not far a large pond (or small lake) which has a lot of geese and ducks, and is about three miles around. It's right by a forest preserve and is a gorgeous walk, when it's not cold. And of course, that also means that it's time to break out the grill and do some open-air cooking on the balcony...mmmm... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

I would like to plant something, but don't have a garden, and the apt. complex isn't too keen on our tearing up the landscaper's efforts [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] . Ah well - some day, some way.

Birdland and Lush - I'm really sorry about your dogs. One of my friends from my old workplace just had to have her dog put down as well, and she was in tears about it. She has a new puppy now, named Arwen. She says the puppy doesn't make up for the old one, but it's growing on her.

Rae - tulips are great. I remember being little and fascinated by our tulips in the front yard, since the bulbs would split every year. I'm sure they'll make it through OK - they're sort of like dandelions, you can never quite get rid of them (not, of course, that anyone sane would *want* to).

[ March 22, 2003: Message edited by: Kalimac ]