View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 09:35 AM   #2062
Sauron The Great

The Eye Halsmir Longleaf

Halsmir Longleaf came from Eryn Lasgalen, the former Forests of Mirkwood and had travelled across many lands , and now that the threat of Sauron was destroyed he could travel across countries that he had only dreamed of and at last after many months of travelling he had come to the distant land of Shire.

He was surprised to see the little Shire-folk , such people he had not seen in any of his travels,short but courteous in speech only in tales had he heard of such people and now he was glad to meet them.

And now as evening came up behind he stood at the door of an Inn called "The Green Dragon" with his white horse Halrod. As he looked for someone a stableboy came up to him and asked in a funny tone " Please go inside Master , have some food while stable your fine horse , Ah! how white he is " and then he hurried off with his horse before Halsmir could ask him anything.

But nonetheless taking th boy's advise he went inside .

And inside he pleasently surprised not to see only hobbits but also men,dwarfs and elves, whatever maybe he had not expected to see elves in an local Inn.
He went and sat the bar all by himself as he had no one to talk with , but within a few minutes a hobbit girl came up to him and asked " Are you new to this place forI have not seen you before ? "

And Hasmir replied " Yes my Lady , it's my first visit to your little country and I am very pleased to see you folk living in such blessedness ." and then he bowed.

The girl blushed a little and the replied " Ah so very nice of you , but I am forgetting my manners , what would you wish to have , you look hungry "

And Hasmir said " Ah a ale of beer and some soup would go down preety well , and now I am forgetting my manners I forgot to ask What would be your kind name?, I am called Hasmir Longleaf from the distant realm of Eryn Lasgalen."

The girl said " My name is Buttercup , and now I will go and get you your order , please make yourself at home . "

As Buttercup hurried off to get his order , he looked around the placed and thought " A nice little Inn these Shire people have , very pleasent I wonder what kind of people come here ...... " .

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-30-2005 at 10:43 AM.