View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #1745
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivriniel View Post
Okay *smiles* now I'm muddled erm, I'm gunna need some help....

I've explored ideas about location (Rath Dinen), versus a metaphoric adaptation of 'city/space' (a Palantir as a psychological 'realm') and also, a blending of the two (Barrow Wights. That guess melded ideas about 'slavery' [necromantic invasion of barrows] with 'kingship' [because a barrow was a burial site for Kings of northern kingdom]. This was the attempt to reconcile ideas about slavery, service, kingship and duty. (Poem refers to this).

so, I got that Rath Dinen was kinda close-ish, and that the Palantir was off base implying that 'space' or 'city' was not where u've adapted metaphoric licence. I tried 'palantir' to test that theory. Cause a palantir has a very vast psychological realm in semi-conscious entity, and capacity to 'hold' or 'steer' the viewer (slavery concept) and where a King (man of stature) can 'override'. If u say 'she' means something else, then, easily, I saw that 'realm' could have been 'of the mind space' (I'm a shrink, so that one kinda came to me very naturally. I see every human as having an entire realmspace and universe)....

I also get that u've used 'she' broadly, and it seems from ur comments, to imply some kind of literal, actual, geographical space or locale...? So 'she' means location, is how I've interpreted.

Is that correct? That is, are we looking at an actual, literal place or location. Or--alternatively -- something else?

Cheers (I'm enjoying this, btw - thanx for posting....when I nail the riddle, am gunna ponder something in kind )

kind regards
Ok, in short -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivriniel View Post
If Rath Dinen was closer - perhaps ur seeking another locale within Minas Anor?
Yes.

Rath Dinen was much closer than either of you realize. Don't go hunting after wights and palantirs.

Yes, it is a location.

Note - it's the slave/servant that's free, and the man of stature who remains inside.

The "kingdom" is very small. Like a "pretty small fraction of a city" small.

Hope this helps.