View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #129
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Crabannan waited with his arm around Horse's neck, waiting for a response from one of the boys. He did not look nearly as threatening as he had a few moments before, but his rough appearance was still enough to keep the two younger boys from answering. Javan, on the other hand, had no such fear of grim strangers, as he had already demonstrated. He stepped forward.

"We've all got work to do. But if you follow us over there, I'll show you where you can get some food."

"Aye, that'll do fine. Lead on, then."

Taking Horse by the reigns, Crabannan followed the three boys down the road into the camp. Javan halted momentarily to point out the kitchen to Crabannan while Cnebba and Garmund continued on.

"My thanks, lad. Though that's surely not your name," said Crabannan with a bit of a crooked, half-smile as Javan turned to go.

Javan faced Crabannan again. "It's Javan."

"Javan then." Crabannan proffered his hand and Javan took it. "I appreciate the help, and I'm sorry for picking you up earlier. I haven't done much to make myself welcome, I fear. Well, now, I've delayed you from your work long enough - you'd better get back. They probably think you ran off."

They parted and Crabannan wandered down to the kitchen, wondering all the while why Javan had flinched at his last words. First you pick a fight, then you insult people with your awful jokes. Well done, Crabannan. Well done.

The smells coming from the kitchen tent had Crabannan's mouth watering by the time he reached. At the time, it seemed to him that he had never smelled anything so good in his life...or at least since his last hot meal following a period without food. This had happened more often than he cared to remember during his soldiering days, but at present, he had no thought but the meal which awaited him. He stepped around to the open side of the tent and looked about.

"Excuse me," he said gently, trying not to scowl, which was hard for him. He tended to scowl without meaning to, and this put people off. "I'm looking for a meal. Who do I ask?"

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-04-2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: signature removed