View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003, 05:56 AM   #28
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The lembas had indeed done some good in Dorlas, for now his eyes were at least half-open, not closed. Dorlas felt he could live on lembas, if he had to. It certainly did beat the stale, tough bread, the jerkey, and the sour wine the men were usually given in the hard times of war.

"Even if Lembas does not wake one up fully, I'm glad you are there to catch me, good Thelian!" Dorlas commented as Arthain and Melost spoke in front of the two.

Before Dorlas could say any more, a bone-chilling cry filled the dawn-drenched valley. Turning to the noise, Dorlas watched as Arthain bolted towards the horizon quick as lightning. After a brief pause, Thelian and Melost followed the speeding human.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Dorlas called, but was ignored. Bidding his horse to a run, Dorlas followed the two Elves. He caught up to them after a while, and over a hill they went, following Arthain. Straight over the hill was a large army of men. It was Isildur's company.

"Whoa!" Dorlas cried, and pointed to the great mass of dark heads. He almost fell off his running horse with a jolt, but Thelian the graceful caught the boy before he made jelly of his head. "Thanks!"

Arthain was last seen riding into the camp of Men, and the three remaining friends were right behind him.

"These guys are lucky to be setting their eyes upon the Elven kind." Dorlas spoke, as several men looked up from their duties to stare in wonder at the Elves.

"They will see more soon enough, and I'm sure they will stare more to see so many of my kind. Only awe can come from the sight of a marching Elven army." Thelian assured Dorlas, and the boy nodded.

"Now where did that troublesome Arthain go?" Melost wondered aloud.

[ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]