Old 09-30-2002, 11:34 PM   #98
Guildo
Wight

Guildo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Guildo
Tolkien

<<<<Eryn Lasgalen>>>>>

Orodan & Nefros

Orodan, Nefros, and Isilya all mounted up and rode off to the meeting point where they were expected to meet the men and dwarves. They where perhaps halfway along the trail when Nefros spotted a small redbird.

“Ai! A messenger is following us, my word not even a mile from home and already excitement.” Said Nefros.

“Calm down” exclaimed Isilya. “its probably on its way to Dale.”

But Orodan knew otherwise, he stopped and gave out a quiet whistle. The bird lighted on his shoulder, and looked as though it was whispering in his ear, and flew off.

“Well it seems as though the Dwarves will be joining us after all but the will be a bit late at the meeting so they said they will catch up”

Nefros stared at Orodan with a wondering face and said.

“Wow they must be better foot travelers than I thought, they are giving us a headstart”

“Well I expect we will have to travel slowly until they come within contacting distance to us but even still I will gain a whole new respect for them if they catch up to us before we reach Dol Guldor.” Replied Orodan

“Hmm” nodded Nefros and began playing his flute again.

Shortly after their conversation about the dwarves they reached the meeting spot and within a few minutes of them being there, Girion and the men of Dale Approached.

“Whats for Dinner” Asked Girion.

Orodan smiled and said. “well the finest travel food of Eryn Lasgalen and the finest wine of Dale I hope”

“Sounds great said Girion”

Orodan dismounted and asked Nefros and Isilya to ready the dinner while he discussed matters with Girion.

“Nice to see you good friend but, important matters need to be delt with first, I need you to send word to some of loyals still in Dale, and asked them to take the old forest road and as fast as the can and secure some of your fastest sailing boats for us. I have already sent word to ask for the use of boats of Lorien but that will be a last ditch effort to go into Lorien with this party.”

But at that moment Rubin Steped foward and made a very intelegent suggestion about friends of Dale along the great river that could get boats ready.

“Very well Rubin, your begining to outsmart the elves, but your plan will work very well, i know of many message birds in the woods that could get our favour to them hastily enough. Now friend let us eat and I will tell you of a message I received on our way” said Orodan.

[ October 02, 2002: Message edited by: Guildo ]

Glen Sight