View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #1254
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I read this as "Roger, wolf tower". :p
This made my day. ^.^

As for pms:

Quote:
To : Loslote
Date : 2010-07-25 05:57
Title : Re: O Eros...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
Ya know how Artemis and Eros get to pm? ... I think you can figure out what I'm going to say from that... :p

Okay, strategy time! Eventually (I'm thinking towards the end) we should sacrifice one of us to try and take out a wolf. Can't leave it up to those silly villagers, can we now? :p And, since you've got the protecting thing as well, probably sacrifice me - if I survive Day 1, that is, and we both know how unlikely that is. :rolleyes: :p
Why hello, Artemis!

Glirdy forgot to tell me initially that we could PM. I'm assuming it's only during the Night Phase. At least I won't be trying to lynch you Day 1 this time. ;)
Yeah, ultimately both of our main purposes are to die in the hopes we can take a wolf with us. If I remember correctly, I think I only get my kill if the wolves come after me. You get yours Day or Night don't you?
There are really two good ways to invite a wolf-kill. The first is obvious: leave Gifted hints. The second is to be someone who isn't suspected by the mob and thus wouldn't leave much of a trail. I tend to have a hard time staying out of the thick of things and wolves like to try and lynch me when I'm on the good side, but with this many players maybe you and I both can make it a few days. :rolleyes:
Maybe I could try keeping a lower profile to make myself more of an inviting target for a Night-kill. Would you want to leave some Gifted hints to get them to come after you, or would you rather try to get yourself lynched once we get some ideas who the wolves might be?

-Inzil
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-25 15:42
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
I'll drop Gifted hints; I have a history of being unable to shut my mouth when I'm Gifted, so they'll hopefully believe that I'm Gifted. We could potentially try a "Lottie pretends to be Gifted so that the wolves will kill her while Zil protects her and thus causes the wolves to lose a Night-kill." Then they'd guess that I wouldn't be protected the next Night and attack me again so I'd get my Hunt...we'd have to wait until after the Ranger is gone for that to work, though.

I get my Hunt for sure if I'm Night-killed and fifty percent of the time if I'm lynched, decided by coin flip.
I think that might be a good plan. We certainly want to be Night-killed instead of lynched, both of us. I say let's just both try to make it through Day 1 for now and then we can take stock on who the wolves might be and refine things.

- Eros
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-25 16:39
Quote:
Excellent. If one of us is in danger of being lynched, should we try to save each other or no? If we did, we'd be in real danger of being Night-killed very early... Or we could use Boro's tactic of blatantly bandwaggoning, which starts an anti-bandwaggon. Or we could play it by ear, which usually works better anyway. :p
If one of us is on the block, it wouldn't hurt for the other to argue mildly against the lynch. That way, if whoever it was did get lynched, the one who spoke against it could look like a possible Seer, and like you said, be a likely choice for their Night-kill.
Playing it by ear probably is the best option though, at least this early. ;)
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-25 20:04
Title : The Gods Must Be Crazy
Which is a pretty funny movie, by the way. :D

Well, Lottiemis, I don't guess we can do much in the way of concrete plans til Night 2. Maybe by then we'll have some ideas to roll with on who's who. Let's just try to get through the first Day. If you're in trouble, I'll speak against your lynching, and obviously I won't vote for you. If you do get lynched, pick a wolf and hope the coin-toss goes our way!
I asked Glirdan for a firm answer on whether we could only PM at Night, cos it didn't say one way or the other in his PM to me. I haven't got a response yet, but I'm assuming it's only Night.
It's bedtime for me now. I'll be at work during the first half of the Day, but I'll try to pop in when I can.
Good luck!

-Inzil
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-27 05:21
Title : Re: If The Gods Must Be Crazy, What Does That Make The Goddesses?
Quote:
Tum is a wolf. I'm rather sure. I don't trust Mac, but I'm not as sure about him. I think Nog is probably a wolf, too, but that's just occured to me and I haven't thought as much about him.

If you don't object, I'll probably hunt Tum toNight.

I don't think you're in much danger of being killed toNight.

So what are your thoughts?
Just now got to work and skimmed through the thread. That's a lot of bloody posts for a Day 1! Ordinarily, I like to stick around to DL to see how other people behave as it gets close, but in this game I just can't do it.
I really didn't want to vote BG, but she invites it so! :(

Nog looked fairly good early on, but he did start to give me an uneasy feeling toward the end of the Day. Like I said in the thread, I always want to lynch Mac anyway because he constantly gives me bad vibes, but he doesn't look particularly evil now. And tum? Yes. I think she looks pretty bad.
What do you think of Nienna and her vote for Eönwë? That was pretty safe, I think. And Boro?
I wonder who I should protect toNight. Can you think of anyone who might have given the wolves some fear? If not, I may stick with someone who looks like a no-trail kill, like kath, or Greenie.

- Inzil
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-27 10:49
Quote:
Kath or Greenie'd be good choices. I don't know if the wolves would kill Kath first, though - she's been away so long, it seems rude to kill her so quick. I may be wrong, but I don't think the wolves would kill one of the returning vetrans. I can't think of anyone they'd need to kill, though.

Speaking of the Night-kill, if they do kill me, I'm hunting Tum. If I die overNight, please don't let Nog get away.
I may make my save Greenie. I wasn't all that impressed by her reasoning for voting Mac, but it could have been, like my vote, a result of having to vote earlier than most. If you think Boro's probably innocent, I wonder if I might not should consider him too. If I was a wolf, he might well be one of my kill-choices just cos he's Boro, and dangerous.
If tum is indeed a wolf, I think it's almost certain Nog is. Their interactions, especially she toward him, were very strange. If I'm killed by wolves, he'll be my hunt unless something changes.
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-27 11:05
Quote:
Boro, I think, is confusing enough that the wolves would either kill him just to relieve a headache or leave alive just because they might think he's a lover or something. I wouldn't kill him as a wolf, because he's too easy to get lynched. Same thing with Sally - unless the wolves have a really good reason, I'd be surprised if they killed off such easily framed players.
Hmm. Maybe Nienna might be a save choice as well. I don't guess it would have been wise for her, as a wolf, to criticise my vote for BG, when Nienna herself voted Eönwë even though she admitted he was probably innocent. Killing her might occur to the wolves as a way to frame me, too.
Here is where it is proven that Zil makes a better Ranger than I do. Ups.

Quote:
Date : 2010-07-27 11:55
Quote:
That's a possibility, but then, she could be framed herself. She's a more likely choice, in my opinion, than Boro or Sally, but I'd still say probably Greenie would be a better choice. Nienna certainly wouldn't be a bad choice, though...
I'll probably make it Greenie, then.
If we're both still around toMorrow, do you want to focus on getting tum lynched?
Quote:
Quote:
Should I start throwing Gifted hints toMorrow? And if so, which Gifted should I hint as?
Well, you threw out suspicion on both tum and Nog didn't you? If either of them is a wolf, which seems likely, the wolves might already be considering you as a Seer target.
Had a thought, though: how did you react yesterDay to all that about Eönwë and Dionysus? Did you say anything to the effect that you believed he was the Cursed? If not, I was thinking you could give very subtle Cursed hints, perhaps? What do you think of that?
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-27 14:10
Quote:
No, I said that I thought he was Cursed and even voted for him. Otherwise it'd be a good idea, but as it is, Seer's probably the best way to go.
Ah, well. I haven't been looking as closely at you in-game, already knowing your role and all. :D

Quote:
If I focus on Tum but mention sporatically that I suspect Nog, they might get worried that Seer!me would dream Nog and get him lynched the next Day. Especially if I do a complete flip on my opinion of Steve...it'd look like I dreamed Tum Night 1, Steve Night 2, and am going to dream Nog Night 3. You know, this could very well work!
Sounds good. I think it's the best option at this point.
I'm still ruminating on my save. I was almost set on Greenie, then I wondered if indeed they'd go after Eönwë toNight after all? Granted, if there was no kill he'd be immediately suspected, but that would oblige the village to spend an extra Day lynching him, and there would still be four wolves.
Here starts the Great Plan That Failed. It was fun to plan, though.

Quote:
Date : 2010-07-27 15:46
Quote:
Then again, if Nog is a wolf, he'd know that he played a major part in Steve's being seen as Cursed. If Steve is proven innocent, then Nog's in a bit of trouble. Also, Pan might think to save Steve, too, just in case. I'd still say go with Greenie.
Good points, and I'd forgotten about Pan. Greenie it is. I've just sent it in.
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-27 18:50
Title : Fingers Crossed...
The wolves could be after me as a lynch toMorrow, but I don't see how the innocents could really think I look worse than tum and Nog! If I get pushed into it though, I'll have to reveal and hope they believe me.
Good luck, and happy hunting!

-InzilEros
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-27 19:06
Title : Re: Fingers Crossed...
Quote:
If I make a big enough stink about Tum, I'm sure they'll have a hard time convincing everyone to lynch you. A "seer" frantically insisting to leave you be and lynch Tum would take priority over the supposed dreamed wolf insisting to leave her be and lynch you. Besides, it was a early vote. The later, bandwagony votes look far worse.
You're probably right. Just don't be too overt with your hints. There's not one, but two people who think they're the real Seer, and I'd hate for one of them to decide you're a wolf. :rolleyes:
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-27 19:49
Title : Re: Fingers Crossed...
Quote:
Ah, but that's why there's a chance that it'll work! Both Seers know there's someone else out there who's a Seer, too - and they don't know who it is. They'll both think it has to be me, because they don't know about the other! Of course, they'll realize that I'm just silly when Sir ModGod reveals that I'm Artemis, but until then, I might as well be Hermes or Apollo. Artemis is Apollo's twin, after all. It's only fitting that I steal that particular role. :p
So devious and resourceful- I very much approve. :)
Well, good luck to us, and to the village. With luck we'll get tumwolf lynched at least.
But now it's past bedtime for us old timers. ;) See you on the thread (hopefully).

Good Night!
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-29 04:21
Title : Re: Pardon me while I go scream or something
Quote:
Right. Well, that was pretty much an unmitigated disaster. Plan didn't work because of Boro's death - who I even advised you not to protect! - and I forgot I wasn't even going to be around enough to pursue Tum and Nog and, when it finally started looking up, we kill Steve instead of Nog! Gaaaaaaaah.

Now, trying to regain a semblance of intelligence...:rolleyes:

I don't think I should hunt Nog toNight. He'll be easier to lynch toMorrow than the others. Tum again, do you think?
Pretty frustrating, I agree, I was kicking myself for not saving Boro. And then I couldn't be around most of the Day. I tried to lay out the best case I could on tum, but no one seemed to be interested (at least not until after I went to bed :rolleyes:). What did you think of tum's response to what I said?
I imagine Nog probably will be the target toMorrow. But you know, his last post of the Day made him look a bit better to me, for some reason.
If not Nog for your hunt, you could do tum. Do you have any other wolf candidates? I'm wondering about some of the ones who've slipped under the radar and haven't been controversial. Sally, maybe, or Kath.
I was thinking of saving KeeperMira toNight. Boro had made that odd remark to her which looked like a hint, so I wonder if the wolves might not be inclined to take her out to be on the safe side.
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-29 17:46
Title : Re: Day Three Plans
Quote:
I can usually read Sally pretty well, once she starts talking. I wouldn't worry too much about her yet. I wouldn't be suprised if one of Foley, Lalaith, or Kath (the people I've never played with) were wolves.
I've been wondering about Foley myself. She's an unknown quantity to me also. I've played with Kath, but I don't think I've seen her as a wolf. Lalaith can be very effective as a baddie. The only other time I played with her we were packmates. I was lynched, and she went on to win the game. Technically, anyway. She doesn't feel particularly evil yet though.

Quote:
Keepandir of Dol Mira would be a good choice, I think. She's quiet enough that it wouldn't frame anyone, and with the Boro thing...
Right, then. I'll leave it with her.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I'm not sure yet who I'm going to hunt, on the off chance they target me toNight. If you're going with tum, I may make mine Nienna or Mac.
I'd suggest Mac, mostly because I don't really suspect Nienna. You can, I think, send him a pm ahead of time saying "if I die, kill x." That's what he has me do - although in my case, I'm usually online at dl.
Good enough. Mac is starting to worry me.
Are you going to try to lynch tum toMorrow, or Nog? I think Nog will indeed be easier.
Well, we got something right, at least.

Quote:
Date : 2010-07-31 06:18
Title : Re: :eek:
Quote:
Well, well, well...we were very off target. Tum's the One True Seer after all. Rikae must be a wolf, then - and we'll have to hope Hestia chose Tum, not Boro (although I do think it's more likely xe chose Boro.)
Insanity! She was so consistantly inconsistant for three Days! I've never been a Seer, but if I was, I think I'd do my best to be the "grey" man, and not attract attention from anyone, at least until I'd dreamed a wolf. I agree that Hestia probably did pick up on Boro's apparent Seer hints and decided to pick him. I see no reason xe would have chosen Tum.

Quote:
I don't know why The Phantom trusts me so adamently. I suppose it's because of my 'prentending to be a "seer pretending to be a hunter so I don't get Night-killed" so that I would get Night-killed' line Day 2. The idea being, no Hunter in her right mind would actually say that. I don't think it quite worked, though. :rolleyes:
His adamant statements that you were innocent made me think he might be the Seer. I don't know what to make of him now. Could he be Athena, which could give him the ability to know your role?

Quote:
Can we trust Pan to protect Tum toNight? Even if we can, though, I don't really have any suggestions as to who you could protect.
Well, there are two Rangers in the picture, which makes it more difficult for the wolves than usual. But if Pan and I both protect her toNight neither of us can the next Night. Pan should know this, and the wolves almost certainly do as well. Ordinarily, as a Ranger I couldn't take a chance like that and leave a revealed Seer unprotected, but in this case one of us has to. It's a gamble, to be sure, since I'm banking on either Pan protecting Tum or the wolves not daring to go after her toNight. It really puts us Rangers in a bind more so than the wolves! :rolleyes:
If not Tum, who? A submairine like Kath? Greenie, again? Kath's looking less likely as a wolf, cos it's hard for me to see a wolf being so uninvolved. Plus, in my mind, that's a cheap way for a wolf to get a victory. I'm considering tp also.
For my hunt, I might go for Nienna, or maybe Nerwen. Nienna's been on my radar for a while, and I think Nerwen might look worse now that we know Nog was innocent.
Speaking of Nog, if I read the rules, correctly, if Glirdan picks BG or Steve out of the hat, xe and Nog will return. As ordos in BG's case I would assume, thought that isn't clear. But at least there will be two more known innocents. If Boro is picked (being the False Seer), no one comes back.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Oh, and *happy dances* you saved Mira! :D
Thanks! It was nice to make them miss a kill. :)
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-31 14:16
Title : Re: :eek:
All right. I've spent the past couple of hours looking back over the entire game thread. I gave the people with unknown identities pluses for things I thought which particularly spoke for their innocence, and minuses for things that made them look potentially lupine. Here's what I came up with. I'd like to know what you think.

Wilwa: - 2 (Posts 408 and 628)
Kath: Neutral
Nienna: - 2 (Posts 526 and 622). Also, in 622 she says Rikae is "helpful", "logical", and "consistant".
Nerwen: - 1 (Post 255)
Folwren: + 2
Lalaith: + 1
Greenie: - 2 (Posts 109 and 114)
Shasta: + 1
Mac: + 2
phantom: + 3
Sally: + 1, - 2 (posts 784 and 820)

I'm probably wrong about a great deal of it, but what are you gonna do? :rolleyes:

Quote:
I don't know why The Phantom trusts me so adamently. I suppose it's because of my 'prentending to be a "seer pretending to be a hunter so I don't get Night-killed" so that I would get Night-killed' line Day 2. The idea being, no Hunter in her right mind would actually say that. I don't think it quite worked, though. :rolleyes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
His adamant statements that you were innocent made me think he might be the Seer. I don't know what to make of him now. Could he be Athena, which could give him the ability to know your role?
Quote:
...I think you might be right. I thought I was going to be killed yesterDay - I got the last vote and was tied with Nog - and I guessed that Glirdy just counted Nerwen's late vote. Athena's extra vote would explain that...I think you're on to something there.
I also noticed in my readthrough that tp said in # 488 that he had "no feelings" about you, and in 575 he merely said "Lottie's entrance was not bad". I wonder if that doesn't speak against his being Athena, since he doesn't look to be so sure about you the whole time. But why else would he become so certain of you? He really doesn't seem like a wolf, though I freely admit I have no idea what a wolftom is like.
As for the vote that saved you, didn't Glirdy say that he wasn't paying attention to the time stamp and counted Nerwen's vote even though it was late?

Quote:
Kath didn't vote yesterDay, did she? The wolves might hold off on killing her, in case she gets modfired. Greenie could be a good idea, or tp.
Kath did vote the Day before, so I don't think she's in danger of a modfire just yet. And that level of inactivity would be a nice no-trial kill, I think. As for Greenie, my readthrough made me wonder about her.

Quote:
I've still not looked closely at Nienna, but I tend to trust her. I'd say Nerwen more than Nienna just because of that, but either way is fine by me. I don't think we should hunt Wolfkae, though - better to lynch her. I don't know who I'm going to hunt yet, mostly because all of my suspects have been all but cleared yesterDay (I say all but because I'm still uncertain about Mac). How are you feeling about Lalaith? She's jumping out at me as being suspicious, but I've never played with her before.
We certainly shouldn't hunt Rikae. Since Tum was proven correct about Nog, Rikae should be the only lynch on the plate toMorrow.
Mac looks better to me than he did. Lalaith didn't really stand out to me, and actually got a plus. Trouble is, she makes a very innocent-acting wolf. Like I said, the previous game I played with her both of her packmates, Fea and I, were dead by Day 2. And she manged to make it all the way to the end by herself. That was Mnemo's Cottage of Lost Play game, if you want to see what she looks like as a baddie.
Quote:
Date : 2010-07-31 19:25
Title : 'Tis Done
Just sent in my picks. My save is tp and my hunt is Nienna.
Like I said, I doubt we'll have to worry about getting lynched toMorrow; it seems a pretty open and shut case against Rikae. With luck, Tum will still be with us and will have a dream to share, with at least a known innocent. I only hope it's not someone we already know, like one of us or Mira. It's possible they get after her toNight again, but there's nothing I can do about that.
I should have most of the Day toMorrow for the game. However, I'm going out of town for three days starting Monday, and my internet access will be questionable. I'll do my best to at least vote on Day 5, but I don't know how much more I'll be around. I'm coming back home Thursday, so if I'm still alive I can post Day 6. I'm going to put this on the Admin Thread as well.
If you get in a bind after Rikae's gone and you're about to get lynched, don't forget to give Mira up as a known innocent just before DL. I'd do the same if DL wasn't about 4 hours after I go to bed. :rolleyes:
I actually thought about revealing toMorrow, but I was only going to do it if Nog had returned with a known innocent. I had such hopes: Nog, plus whoever returned with him, plus Tum. Then me, you, and Mira. 6 innocents, and a major headache for the wolves. Oh, well.
Anyway, let's do what we can toMorrow to try and ferret out Rikae's mates.

Good Night!
And, for kicks:

Quote:
Date : 2010-07-31 21:52
Title : Re: Your hunt
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
You've been marked for death by them evil wolves. I'm opening the thread for Glirdan today, and need your kill choice por favor. :)
Alas, the foul wolves have picked the Night when I am least certain about anything. My mind wanders amidst dark, meandering...trail...things...

Oh, what the hey. I pick Wilwa. Good Night, O Wonderous Modly Glirdy and O Semi-Wonderous Deathly Boro.
Thank you. For not being certain, you should be quite pleased with the outcome. :D
Also, I've disabled smilies, because I didn't want to go through that and delete them.