View Single Post
Old 06-09-2002, 02:01 PM   #124
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio peeked over the balustrade that separated the upper foredeck from the rest of the ship. "Leave it to hobbits to cause a commotion!' she smiled to herself.

It did provide an excellent opportunity for her to examine the box attached to the side of the Wheel, as Cirdan's full attention now seemed to be directed to the drama on deck.

Her agile fingers made short work of the silver bolts holding the box to the wood. Opening the covering to the wooden box, she saw that it was actually a clear crystalline box within it that held the silver bar with the pulsing jewel. It seemed locked with an intricate puzzle-lock of mithril. She removed the inner box without trying to open it, wrapped it in her small silk neck scarf and put it into her pocket, next to Mithadan's cell phone. 'I'll figure out the lock later, when I have more time to myself.'

She put the now empty wooden box back next to the Wheel and rebolted it securely.

She stood up and turned to go down to the main deck. Once down the steps, she blended into the crowd as if she had always been part of it.

To her left, on a mast, she noticed a proclamation, in Child's characteristic script. 'Dreams and longings, hmmm?! No, none of those yet . . .'

A small voice hissed in her ear, 'He's here, you know.' Pio felt the small familiar weight of Angara settle on her shoulder, & reached up her left hand to scratch the wyrmlet's head. 'Who's here?', replied Pio, scanning her memory for any unfamiliar figure she might have glimpsed when she had first looked at the commotion.

She felt the light weight of a hand on her right shoulder, and a voice she thought never to hear again in Middle Earth.

'Mae govannen, dear cousin! So you have come to your elvish senses and are coming home. My heart rejoices!', came the silken tones of Legolas.

She turned, and he smiled that old sweet smile at her. & then, in an uncharacteristic action for an elf, she fainted.

[ June 09, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]