View Single Post
Old 06-10-2002, 02:03 PM   #156
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

"Child? Hi. Glad you're still in range. That ship you're on isn't going to the Uttermost West. You figured that out? OK. I have no idea who would want a passle of Hobbits and Elves but this can't be good. Let's see... the old REG is destroyed and I have the new one here and its off. This is no illusion I guess." He listened to the description of the device from the wheel room. "Time travel? Still odd."

"Historically, neither Morgoth nor Sauron had much by way of sea power. Umbar supported Sauron and, of old, they were governed by Black Numenoreans, some of whom were great sorcerors. You may have been taken by some present day secret remnant of those people. Or they may have travelled forward to seize you. But why? You have no weapons of any significance that I know of. Revenge? Frodo and Sam maybe? Possible, but a heck of a lot of effort to do so and why take others along? Hide the guidance device and snoop about. Maybe you'll find out. Keep in contact and I'll help if I can. Oh, and keep Ankara under wraps. She's the only potential weapon you really have other than knives and bows."