View Single Post
Old 06-10-2002, 02:11 PM   #158
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Hey, Mith, don't hang up. There's still some things I need to check with you about.

"Mith, Mith, Is that you? This connection is getting worse. I can barely hear you."

"Yes, yes, we'll bring your cell phone back. Yes, I know it was a $150 deposit for the phone, and you hold us personally responsible."

Child secretly cursed Pio..

Yes, I know the eastern lands are not a particularly nice place to spend a vacation. And I can't figure it out either. What do they want with us? I think the key may have something to do with Elves and Elf-friends. Everyone here is an Elf, or an Elf-friend, or at least has some Elf blood. Except for Birdie and they tried to shoot her"

"I honestly think the "big fish" may be Frodo, Sam, and Legolas, and we just got caught up in the trap."

"What do you mean I'm a three foot hobbit and not an Elf. I'm a Fallohide. Of course I have some Elvish blood. My family tree is of great pride to me"

"Sam and Frodo????"

"Well, to tell the truth we haven't seen them all day. They think we're still sailing to the Blessed West."

"Yes, yes, we promise to tell them. That is, as soon as we can find them."

"No, Mith, I'm sure they haven't hurled themselves over the railing with longing and despair."

Yes, I understand that, next to you and the Barrow-wight, they are the two most famous residents of the Downs, and they're the ones we most have to save and bring back. Yes, of course, if a sacrifice has to be made, it won't be them, it'll be one of us....."

Child glances at the ceiling and rolls her eyes upwards.

"We'll be very, very careful. But I don't agree with you about the ship. If we do manage to hijack this vessel, as far as I'm concerned it'll be ours, not yours. What do you mean we can only act as representatives of the Downs!!!!! We'll see about that

"Yes, we'll try to keep in touch. Farewell for now."

Child put the cell phone down and shook her head. The batteries looked perilously low. What kind of mess are we in? she thought.

[ June 10, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]