Thread: MIRKWOOD RPG
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 02:02 PM   #375
Dark-Caranthir
Haunting Spirit

Dark-Caranthir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Suddenly three elves appeared out of the bushes behind Mornovarion's captor. Two maidens and a dark-elf. His captor seemed to know them and said: "Mae govannen, Anarya, Novannon. We meet in strange times. I have caught another tresspasser in these woods. It seems that Thranduil's lands are beset from many directions, but we have yet to see if this elf means harm. I think perhaps more harm was done to him than he means toward anyone. But," and now she turned to face him, "you have threatened me, and I am of Thranduil's realm. That was ill done. You would have had more chance of mercy had you not done that thing. But mercy you still may find, if you are honest and humble."
Now she turned back to her friends, "Anarya, who is this elf with you? I have not seen him before."
Before she could answer, out of the trees to their left there came a huge rustling, and suddenly a huge flock of giant bats flew out of the trees. Mornovarion drew his knife to defend himself and a quick glance showed that the others were doing the same. Two of the monsters flew at him, their claws outstretched. Mornovarion managed to force them off but they just came back. One scratched his face and knocked him off balance, and he looked up to see Tinuiel pointing her bow at him! He was about to cry out, but she loosed her arrow not at him, but above his head. He looked up in time to see one of the huge bats diving towards him. Tinuiel's arrow hit it, but not in time to stop one of it's huge teeth penetrating his shoulder. A sudden drowsiness took over him and he fell to the ground.