View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I've read the first chapter. My, I'm taking so many things for granted! I forgot how to be confused about these things. I'm so used to knowing why the Ring does strange things and etc that it's like a nice breeze on the face reading comments from someone who doesn't. And Mark has been attentive enough to catch Gandalf uncloaking. (I just glossed that over on my first read)

I often felt the urge of posting a reply with all the explanations and references, as I would have on the Downs. I had to keep reminding myself that this is not the Downs and that Mark is on his first read, so I have to be patient: he'll find everything out on his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. U
How did a self-described geek manage to remain so radically unspoiled about LotR in this day and age?
It's possible. I mean, he knew some things. He makes a list of them. It's like asking me to make a list of what I know about the Twilight series - I'll tell you there are vampires involved and lots of teenagers, but not much beyond that. Sometimes people talk about things and you can't help finding out about the popular stuff, but you can purposely stay away from them.

I can relate to Mark, because generally I stay away from popular things as well. Just on principle. I guess I'm lucky that when I was introduced to LOTR I didn't have such a principle yet.