View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #212
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"This blasted thing!" cried Hookbill as the window refused to open, "I wan't to leave! Can't you get that into your head? Of course not, you don't have one." he hit his head against the glass and there was a 'click' sound. He looked to see that the latch on the window had come unhooked. He wiped his brow and looked at the door. There was a little commotion, but no one in the party seemed to want to go into the office. 'Fine by me' thought Hookbill.

He opened the window. He looked around the room once again and nearly fell over when the inter-com buzzed. It was hidden somewhere under the piles of paper on the desk. Swiftly, Hookbill raced over and threw most of the paper on the floor to find a small black round ball. It was perfectly smooth and no bigger than a cricket ball, yet there appeared to be writing on the bottom, 'Mini Palantir, good for short distance communication. Noldor products LTD'.

"I'll send in the next patient, Doctor," said a voice from the Palantir.

"No!" cried Hookbill, "I don't want any more patients! I just want to leave!" he dashed to the window and opened it, just as the office door itself opened. Hookbill gulped and hoped the person entering would not see him. Perhaps if he willed himself to be invisible, he'd not be seen. It didn't work.