View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 11:53 AM   #12
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Ok, if you are going by the book characters, than I honestly have no idea who I would chose. Maybe Pippin seeing as he fell to the lure of the palantir. Gandalf, for obvious reasons, would not. Frodo succumbed to it, but only when he was going to throw it into the Cracks of Doom. I do not see Merry succumbing to it. Maybe it's because of his close kinship with Frodo and out of love, he would not even dare to try it. Sam is Frodo's "servant" and Sam loves Frodo deeply, so that's why he would not. Not to mention, when he carried the Ring and gave it back to Frodo, he was somewhat reluctant to give it back. In that case, he COULD have kept it, or done what he did. So he is another one up on the chopping block. Now this is where it gets difficult. Aragorn had a lot of chances to take the Ring and he never did so, if I could, I would change my vote and make it some one else. Gimli and Legolas both knew the power that the Ring contained and they both have strong will power. So if I had to change my vote to anybody it would be ++Pippin.