View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 04:55 PM   #192
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Mira sat down, smoothing her dress as she did so. Tobias sat down quickly in another chair, reclining comfortably for a moment. Then he sat forward and asked, "So…what is it you would like to discuss, exactly?” Having done this, he leaned back in his chair again and watched Mirabell.

"Well, Tobias...ah, me...have you a nickname? Mine is Mira," she answered, toying with a lock of hair.

"Yes, in fact I do: Toby," Toby replied, "But besides shorter versions of names, is there anything else you would like to chat about?"

Mira thought for a moment. "Well, let us start at the beginning. I'm from a hole in Hobbiton. I heard that the Dragon was having a grand re-opening party and I decided that it would be a treat to myself to come along. I've been here once or twice before, and thought it a very homely place. I am rather fond of the old place," she said thoughtfully, gazing around at the walls of the Dragon. Snapping out of her reverie, she looked at Toby and inquired, "What about you? Where do you hail from?"