View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 10:27 PM   #68
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Disappearing Railroad Blues...

In the spirit of VanimaEdhel's rant on the experience of particular cities (I've never been to Boston, and NYC only the airport, so I'll add my own Southern fried experience of a city much talked of recently):

My memories of walking through New Orleans, the particular and unique steam and stench that mixes with the dust of ages and hints of dust imported from France long ago, the pleasant cryptic maze to find a single well-hidden grave in St. Louis Cemetery Number 1 and the strange selfless moment when you divest yourself of something, anything to offer as you scratch three X's onto the monument of Marie of Family Glapion and make a wish...the history in miniature as you see bouquets of flowers and thank you notes surrounding the special yet homogenous crypt stone....then, then pang as you wonder if it is still there now. Memories of long afternoons spent searching for the 'Chicken Man' of Voodoo, heedless of where that might take you; knowing there are secrets for the discovery if you only set your eyes on the right things in the City of New Orleans.

Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote