View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #2277
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
In that case... I wouldn't think that you'd want to put the pigs and chickens in the same shelter as the people.
In the old times that indeed was the case... the livestock and the people lived under the same roof. And there was an advantage to that as well as fex. cows emitted so much body heat that it was warmer during winters if the cattle lived with you inside...

Surely it was unhygienic and uncomfortable and when people got richer they threw the livestock to their own buildings.

Quote:
I would suggest converting one of the wagons into a makeshift chicken house
I think this is a good idea indeed. And maybe building a makeshift pen for the pigs and let the cows overnight at the corner of the baker? And all these pretty near the baker where people sleep.

There should anyway be at least one person in guard during the nights as long as proper sheds for the animals could be constructed. As I said the animals have more threaths from outside. After they can be locked in somewhere from the predators then all the people can sleep as well...