View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 06:58 AM   #287
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Estelyn applauded appreciatively when Aylwen finished her song. How fortunate that she should have come to the Inn at just the right time for meetings and greetings! She had bidden Mellonin and her companions farewell and welcomed the new story-teller. The Loremistress was pleased with double prospects of new tales for the archives of the White City. Now she stepped over to speak with Rimbaud, happy to see her friend on his feet again.

“I see that you have finally deigned to honour us with your presence!” she said lightly, with a hint of a curtsey and an impish smile.

“Indeed,” he replied, “I assume that you were bored without my enlivening influence! Tell me, how did your journey go? Did you collect many new tales for the city archives?”

“Yes, and you shall see and hear of them in time. But tell me first, what is it that causes your eyes to look inwards rather than seeing what is happening around you?” Estelyn queried. “You may be here in body, but your thoughts stray elsewhere.”

Her observation did not surprise Rimbaud; he was accustomed to the fact that she could see what others did not. “Come away from the bustle and the hearing ears here,” he suggested. “Then I can tell you some of what troubles my mind.”