View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 09:24 AM   #338
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
In my post I specified that the chimney had collapsed, blocking the back door. It was probably nowhere near as thorough blocked as the Hall door, and the girls could probably have gotten through it with a little work, but Lin had an idea in her head, and it involved getting Frodides out before the men noticed.

We've been referring to a courtyard for quite some time. I haven't put anything fancy on my plan (no formal garden or anything), just what is probably a packed dirt yard between the main hall and the stables: space for a traveler to pull in their cart and unhitch their horses before turning them over to Lčof. This is also where I assumed the temporary tent hall stood. Just basically a little open space to accomodate arrivals and departures in what I always pictured as a pretty tightly-packed city. Does that fit, Bethberry?

Thanks for the info on wattle-and-daub. That will really help when it comes to texturing the walls in a real drawing.