View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 05:36 AM   #193
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"What in the name of Manwe are you doing here? Why are you holding me down? We need to go after them!"

Jenfried suppressed a sigh. So this was one of those "fine ladies" with no common sense at all.

She tried to be patient but avoid seeming exceedingly so when she replied. "We cannot go after them right now. Wait a moment. If we dash after them now, they notice us and kill us. We must move so that we're out of their earshot, or at least far away enough that they can't hear us properly if we're moving as silently as we can. The ground is soft here and there's long grass, it will be easy to track them even if they get out of our sight."

Before Valesseka could interrupt, she added: "And as to why I'm here... I spied on you and the guy, I must admit... but you're far more interesting than the Elves and the Dwarves! They're never going to get anywhere with their endless discussions and oaths of love." Jen smiled smugly yet a little apologetically. "And one of them is wounded so they can't move fast," she added.

"I wonder why she's wounded," Valesseka hissed.

Jen didn't bother answering that and tried not to blush. "So, do you have anything against my plan?" she asked.

Valesseka looked at her, not very friendlily. In the end, she said nothing. Jen assumed that meant she agreed with her. So they waited until the bandits and Éomeleo were only three brown and one blue spot in the horizon. Then, they started following them as quietly as they could and as quickly as they dared.