View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003, 09:32 AM   #297
Geffen

1420!

A quiet entrance was not uncommon at the Green Dragon. With the number of visitors coming and going, combined with the passion and exaggeration of the stories shared within, a lonely wanderer trudging to the bar was an all too familiar sight. Hence, no one took much notice when an average man with an average demeanor side-stepped his way through the crowd and ordered the first of what would become many pints of what was said to be the finest ale in the area.

No-one noticed, except of course, Aman, whose keen eye (and even keener sense of tension) told her that this traveller was unfamilliar. "What'll it be, sir? A pint, I assume, if you don't mind my guessing." The traveller sat silently fo a moment, then replied "I don't mind you guessing at all, my lady, as that is exactly why I'm here."

As she poured the frothy ale into the glass, without shifting her gaze from the bar, she inquired as to who this stranger was. and what brings him to the shire. As he stared into the overflowing glass he replied "My name is Ahreknun, and my reasons for for my presance will need more than a few of these before they will be told."

He took a sip, closed his eyes, and shut out all around him save for his brew.