View Single Post
Old 10-25-2003, 10:01 AM   #320
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Eye

Taurewen gave Reyn a glance that told him that he hadn't been hiding his confusion very well. So, he did the most obvious thing, and asked, "Taurewen, can we go up to my room? I need to ask you something."

She acquiesced, and they climbed the stairs to the room in which he was staying. It was a very plain room, and it didn't look like someone had been staying there for some days. Nothing of his personality was visible. One almost could think that he had only just gotten the room, which was not true. Reyn suddenly felt rather uneasy, afraid to ask his question for fear of her answer.

They stood in the room for a moment in silence, then Taurewen gently prompted, "What is it, beloved?"

Reyn ran his hands through his hair, trying to think how best to phrase it. Or if he should just forget the whole thing, which wasn't really an option. He had to know.

"Taurewen, I, well, I've wondered this since you arrived the first time, and--" he broke off embarrassedly. He shook his head, and started again. "Why me? I'm not wise, even if elves are supposed to be, I'm not brave, I've only one leg, I left you without a word, I'm a drunk. Why did you choose me out of all the elves in Middle-Earth?"

He shrugged. "I know why I love you. You're beautiful and wise and wonderful and kind and giving. I'm none of those things." He added, trying rather unsuccessfully to lighten his tone, "Especially not beautiful."