View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #147
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhod the Red View Post
Not meaning to be rude, but the resurrection of Azog by Sauron is no doubt intended as a plot device to imply a spookiness about a Necromancer
Don't worry - I don't consider opposing arguments rude. Anyway I don't think either that Azog has been resurrected, it seems more likely that he just survived getting his hand chopped off and the insertion of the fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
But plenty of soldiers have survived the loss of an arm or a leg, so was movie-Thorin plain dumb or was he wishfully thinking?
Ah but if he believes something hard enough, it will come true! Arrogant bastard, and that's the way we love him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhod the Red View Post
The same with the reference in the White Council meeting that the With King was *killed* & buried, despite the inclusion of Glorfindel's prophesy of him not killable 'by any living Man' in the Return of the King film
Grr! I didn't even notice the fallacy in the film! There's nothing special whatsoever about Éowyn killing him now if he's been killed before. Grumble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
The horror. Imagine having to give birth to, clean up and feed a baby with a bristly face...
Aww but maybe it's soft and fluffy baby beard! Like hair.