View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 10:10 PM   #326
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
1420! Underhill tells all!

By Michael Delving

I was working on the Phantom murder story when I got a telephone call from Mister Underhill. He said, "Mr. Delving, I'd like you to interview me." I answered, "Is right now OK?" He said, "Sure," and I turned on my tape recorder and started with my first question.

Q: "Are you out to get people?"

A: "If you call being concerned about the quality of the people who live here and the quality of our conversations being out to get people, then yes, I am. But I am not arbitrary. I follow the rules handed down by His Wightness, The Barrow-Wight.

Q: "Why did davem leave and then come back?"

A: "I don't know. He did say something about going undercover on some incredibly secret and important matter, but I think Lalwende drove him away to get some cleaning done."

Q: "What goes on in the secret forum?"

A: "I don't know what you're..."

Q: "I demand to know what goes on in the secret forum! As a journalist it's my job to expose what is secret."

A: "We have a lot of discussions."

Q: "About what?"

A: "Cheese."

Q: "Explain yourself."

A: "Well, we discuss the merits of various types of cheese. For example, the The Barrow-Wight likes green cheese even though he was initially very disappointed that it wasn't actually green. Alatar likes cheddar and colby jack."

Q: "What else do you discuss?"

A: "Stupid people. We have an absolute ball! Just yesterday I told me fellow mods about the jerk who cut me off on my way to Legolas's barrow. He was driving his ox cart like a chariot. I yelled at him, "Sir, are you trying to kill your ox?"
He went absolutely ballistic. He cursed me by Sauron, Morgoth, and Zeus's brow. He said I was a dirty rotten hypocrite for using sarcasm. I'm a mod! I have every right to chide him for his bad behavior."

Q: "Is there anyone who's in danger of being banished?"

A: "I'm sad to say The Phantom. We can't tolerate wights murdering each other, but I'm not convinced he did it. I think something more sinister than The Phantom's ego is behind this. I've been told through the grapevine..."

Q: "Mr. Saucepan you mean?"

A: "Yes, but also Sharku. He smells a massive coverup. He thinks that some highly respectable Downers are guilty."

Q: "Name names!"

A: "Meneltarmacil, for one. I can't say any more. It would compromise the investigation. All I can say is that this is incredibly big and incredibly dangerous. I have business to attend to. Bye!"

And with that he hung up the phone. Coward! I wanted his take on the mysterious penguin murder affair some months back.