View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 11:14 AM   #1265
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello, everyone! I'm checking in from the other side of Rivendell (492 miles, 12 mi. past the Ford of Bruinen). The landmarks are few and far between on this side of the journey, and despite the rest up at Rivendell, I am afflicted with a rather nasty cold that makes it difficult to breathe (thus my slower progress). I see I'm only a few miles ahead of Naz again! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Another odd coincidence: I have just taken custody of Sting while I was at Rivendell (great timing!) and I have worn it every time I have gone on my walks so far! Strangely enough, no one I've passed on the road has commented on it at all, not even when I was done up in full Frodo-gear! I think they're used to me now...one neighbor asked me if I'd gotten to Mount Doom yet! (I don't even want to think that far ahead!)

Cheers!
Lyta

P.S. Welcome to the Walk, Eruantalon! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:16 PM January 03, 2004: Message edited by: Lyta_Underhill ]
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote