View Single Post
Old 05-01-2004, 12:18 PM   #151
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

With a shrug, Aeron took some of the powder and began to rub it across is sore muscles and considered what he should tell Ravion. "So what would you have prefered me to have said?" Aeron asked. " ' I will go along with you as long as you bring my sister. But I should warn you that she is a frightened creature and that she is hard to deal with. She often has fits when she sees blood or anything remotely resembling blood. But she is a sweet little thing, really. ' " Aeron glared up at the ranger. "I lied so that you would be more willing to bring her with you," Aeron said, softly. "I could not leave her and I could not take a chance that you would deem her more trouble than she is worth."

He stopped, and rubbed his head. He realized that it was very itchy again. He wondered if he had lice. Looking at the ranger again, he said, "I do not think you pitiless. But you are a ranger, and rangers do not bother with trivial things I think. I could not take the risk that you would not take her."

"Are you sure that you just did not want to become acquainted with a jail cell?"

Aeron flushed and snapped, "Yes, I thought it would be lovely spending a few months in jail. What do you think I am? Of course, I did not want to go to jail. But I did not want to leave my sister either. And either way she would have been left alone."

Last edited by Imladris; 05-01-2004 at 12:39 PM.