View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 01:45 AM   #171
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Fool Of A Took has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Umwë
Umwë stood against the wall outside Grimm's room. He closed his eyes and pictures came back from Lothlorien. It was all gone, it was now abandoned. He drew a deep sigh. As he waited he got bored and thought of go down stairs again. After a while and still nothing happened Umwë went down again. He walked over to the bar and sat down on a stool. He pulled up his hood again and tried to hide his face. Do people here know me? So many faces looked at him as they knew him, yet never seen him before. He closed his eyes and avoided their looks. He ordered an ale and looked around himself. No one looked at him anymore, a few dwarves were still mumbeling in a corner and their faces turned to Umwë a few times but nothing more. He didn't enjoy dwarves that much, they were so greedy. When he got his ale he took a sip of it. It was cool and tasty. He swallowed the ale slowly. The ale was really good in these parts of Middle-Earth. He had just tasted ale a few times before. In Rohan and Gondor he had drinked ale before. The men there couldn't believe he had never tasted it before, so they wanted him to try it.

Umwë finished his ale and rose from the barstool. He thought that he might could talk to someone in the Common Room. He walked to the Common Room and sat down in a chair near the fireplace. As he sat there and stared into the fire he almost fell into slumber. He was walking on green fields with joy in his heart, no pain nor death. Clouds suddenly covered the sun as he was walking. He walked faster, but the darkness caught up to him. Then he fell. He woke up and sat straight up in the chair. He leaned back again and sighed. It was just a dream. The shadows are gone now. He pulled his hood tighter around his head and leaned back again. He shouldn't worry anymore about shadow and evilness. It is gone now, he thought and closed his eyes again.

Now he thought that he should go to the Grey Havens after all. He had no one left to trust here. No friends or family. No, my hope shall not fade yet. I might find someone here that I can trust.