View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 01:38 PM   #21
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Gudryn was just finishing her meal when the young man, Gárwine, began to speak with her. He stretched his arms up behind him and then relaxed.

"So, you are Eodwine's daughter?" He asked.

She nodded, chewing a mouthful of bread. She then pushed her empty plate slightly away from herself as Gárwine paused in contemplation.

"And Saeryn, what is her relation to Eodwine? She is not your sister, is she?" He took a bite of bread. "And I saw, as I entered, a maiden, arms piled high with laundry, pass by that door. Who was she?"

Gudryn's eyes widened with surprise, Saeryn her sister?, she shook her head and giggled. "Aside from our auburn locks good sir, Saeryn and I have little else in common besides friendship. She is also a good friend of my Father as well, but I suppose we could all be considered family".

"And the young maiden you saw bustling by goes by the name of Æðelhild. I'm afraid I don't know her all that well, I'm hoping that will change in a few days"

Gudryn smiled again his way thinking that the young man still looked hungry. Of course his journey must have been long indeed like so many others that had recently arrived.

Gudryn was glad that others had the resolve to change their fates as well, very much like she had so many weeks ago. Arriving in Edoras only to meekly thud against the oaken door of the Inn as she collapsed from cold and fatigue.

The thin girl stood taking up her plate and smiling, "would you like another helping sir Gárwine? I'm sure there's plenty more back in the kitchen". Before he could answer however, Gudryn had already taken his plate and was halfway back to the kitchen when she turned and called back "and when I return you may ask me more questions if it pleases you, I will do my best to sate your stomach and mind". She winked and continued on her way.

Last edited by Esgallhugwen; 01-26-2006 at 01:46 PM.