View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #10
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigűr View Post
Isn't there some legal stipulation, however, that if something is mentioned solely in the Appendices and in materials still with the Estate, but not in the main body of The Lord of the Rings, they can't use it? I feel like I read that somewhere. Not sure what bearing it would have on this material, however.
I believe the legal formula is, if it's in either The Hobbit or LotR proper, it can be used; if it is in the Appendices and in either The Hobbit or LotR proper, it can be used; if it is in the Appendices, but not in either The Hobbit or LotR proper, it can't be used; and if it is outside of The Hobbit, LotR or the Appendices (like in The Silmarillion or HoMe, for instance), it cannot be used.

But wherever it is, they need to stop now. End the madness.