View Single Post
Old 09-18-2002, 07:45 PM   #58
merlilot
Wight

merlilot has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Craban, I hope you are not offended when I tell you that I am praying for you. Some people are. But I will, whether you are offended or not. Dear one, you may have seen a clear line drawn that you were on the wrong side of, but remember that it is a line and you can step over it. Also remember that even some who had opposed Tirian the King were allowed through the Door. And the Calormene boy! I love that part of the story! He knows your heart, Craban. And whether you know it or not you may be seeking Him as eagerly as He is seeking you. I will assume you are relatively open-minded and suggest that you read the story of the Lost Son in Luke. (I can't remember the verses exactly, but someone here can tell you certainly) And whatever happens, if you feel like you need to find something out, don't not do it because people will think it is out of character or whatever. If all else fails, you can email or PM me. I champion tolerance and non-predjudice, so I WILL NOT judge you. If you have any questions...

Anyway. As that l-o-n-g paragraph revealed, I am a lover of Christ and Lewis, and of course Tolkien.
Hi! Everyone!

Just adressing a few topics:
Even though some of my christian friends think I am abandoning my faith for fantasy (how absurd!), I read them to see the parallels. Sort of a supplement.
All the x-references you guys made *Gandalf=Michael* *Saruman=Satan* etc, were really good. I never really thought about that...
I also waver between wanting to a hobbit and an elf...that's why in my full pseudonym...Merlilot Fealin Earien...The first is a hobbit name, the second is Quenya, and the third (so I am told) is Sindarin. So I can be whatever I feel like being that day.

I know there were more things I wanted to touch on, and I will certainly be back on this thread.

Kudos to all on the thread!

(Oh, and consider this my formal introducton to all the Christians and otherwise theological experts. I love deep convos, so if you wanna talk, I check my email roughly every day)