View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 09:56 PM   #7
ArcusCalion
Quentingolmo

ArcusCalion has just left Hobbiton.
Just found this while editing Q&E:

Quote:
as the mists of Araman wrapped the distant mountains of Valinor from the sight of the Noldor, Fëanor raised his hands in token of rejection and cried: 'I go. Neither in light or shadow will I look upon you again, Dahanigwishtilgūn.' So it was recorded, though the writers of the histories no longer knew what he meant. For which reason the strange word may have been ill transmitted. But even so it still bears some likeness to Taniquetil
I think this should be added in right after the last paragraph before the subheading "Of the First Kin-Slaying of the Noldor"

Quote:
FoN-EX-07.7 <Q&E {as}As the mists of Araman wrapped the distant mountains of Valinor from the sight of the Noldor, Fëanor raised his hands in token of rejection and cried: 'I go. Neither in light or shadow will I look upon you again, Dahanigwishtilgūn.' FoN-EX-07.8 [Footnote: So it was recorded, though the writers of the histories no longer knew what he meant. For which reason the strange word may have been ill transmitted. But even so it still bears some likeness to Taniquetil.]>

Last edited by ArcusCalion; 12-08-2017 at 10:02 PM.
ArcusCalion is offline   Reply With Quote