View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 10:09 PM   #38
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Name: Hilde Bracegirdle

Quest: To do those things I intend to do, but not those things I do not intend to do. For me this is surprisingly difficult.

Favourite colour: Green - A friendly color, not as aloof as black or reserved as blue.

Most beloved Tolkien character: Gads, what a nightmare of a puzzle figuring out that would be! I will settle for several from LotR: Gandalf, Sam, Aragorn, Faramir and Denethor, Theoden and Hama too.

Least beloved Tolkien character: How does Melkor sound?

Worst habit: Heaping my plate with things to do and then feeling overwhelmed by strong desire to crawl under a table…or desk.

Best habit: Listening to and treating people as well as I am able.

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Grommet (But Viggo does have cute feet ).

Weirdest hobby: Polishing apricot pits.

Best place in Middle Earth: Ithilien sounds nice.

Best place outside of Middle Earth: Any high rocky outcropping that overlooks trees and water.

Most embarrassing moment: On the Barrow-downs it was in an RPG. MS Word further misspelled a blunder of mine, changing what was to be countenance to continence. Unfortunately it worked too well in the context. And thankfully, a friend brought it to my attention. See BD Buddy .

Most daring moment: Chasing a purse-snatcher so far up the street that the getaway car peeled out leaving the snatcher to endure my strongly worded disapproval as I tried to catch up with him.

Favourite "LotR" actor: All did well given the script they were given.

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Craig Parker and Hugo Weaving I belive were horribly miscast. And Parker was also a victim of bad editing. (Haldir did seem markedly effeminate in the theater version of FotR.)

Theme song: ‘Awaken’ by Yes

Style guru: Trees (Stand tall, reach for the sun and wear something until it becomes ragged. Then compost it.)

Most crucial accessory: Hrumph, I believe these days that would have to be accessories of the optical nature balanced on one's nose.

Greatest weakness: Picture a grammatically challenged, oblivious and scatter-brained slug.

Greatest strength: Now think of the aforementioned slug being kind, reliable, steadfast and surprisingly good at drawing (for a slug).

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: The odd topics the spiders lead me to, also RPG’s, books and CbC.

Best Downer Buddy: Too easy for me. Ealasaide, without a doubt. We have been friends for 27 years or so. But I am also very fond of quite a few others, and have not yet had the pleasure of getting to know many of the 'regulars'.

Parting shot: KA-BOOM!

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 11-14-2005 at 05:57 AM.
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote