View Single Post
Old 07-28-2002, 08:42 PM   #15
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Sting

Quote:
I think the ideas put forth of retaining the divisions of dragons and eliminating the metallic/mechanical aspects fits the goal of retaining as much as possible while omitting material that most likely would have been eliminated. as stated , we do not know for sure but just like CRT we will have to make some major decisions with a paucity of evidence. the outlines we have been given by J and A are as usual excellent.
I agree too with droping the mechanical part.
Quote:
My guess would not be that they were ignored by Morgoth, but that they were destroyed in the War of Wrath, along with almost all the Balrogs (perhaps all but one) and all the winged dragons except for two.
About the devising new dragons for the attack on Gondolin, I just wonder if the time that elapsed between Maeglin's plan to Melkor is long enough for the creation of such dragons. Do we have a time prediction of how long it take to breed a dragon?
Quote:
Morgoth was ready, and he loosed upon Gondolin his Orcs and his Balrogs and his serpents, of which dragons of iron and flame and of many and dire shapes were new devised for the taking of the city.
I'm not sure if the "of iron" is going to be used in the revised version of FOG.
BTW, excellent work.