View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 06:52 PM   #25
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Tolkien

Well Findegil, I have read your posts in detail now and I am ready to comment on them:
Originally posted by Findegil
Quote:
Type 2 could be made to normal fire-dragons. But if possible hold the images of "copper and bronze" in their look.
I think that you are right. We missed that one really.
Quote:
Now at last to the hardest part, the type 1 monsters: The monsters that "were all of iron so cunningly linked that they might flow like slow rivers of metal or coil themselves around and above all obstacles before them, and those were filled in their innermost depths with the grimmest of Or[k]s with scimitars and spears".
Your information about Maeglin and the Orcs do support this assertion of yours. Based on that fact and that in the Quenta Noldorinwa is stated that things were devised for that attack, I agree with that idea.
Quote:
Type 3 could be left what they are: A special kind of "streams of fire". Guided only by the Balrogs.
With your quotes it makes sense now. Now I'm almost forced to believe it. And yes I agree with them.

I would like to make the changes into the text with your revisions, but I would like to hear some input for Aiwendil and Co.