View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 09:54 AM   #323
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Silmaril

Favortie Fantasy Book List (Besides Tolkien's works)

-Dark Is Rising Series by Susan Cooper~ great books. Interesting and funny. VERY believeable and moving. Makes you want to fight against the Dark, rooting for Will and the Light (the Old Ones) all the way.

-Wrinkle in Time Series~ love all of the books, except for the VERY new ones (too much romance for my taste). Anyways, an ingenious invention. A total masterpiece.

-Phantom Tollbooth~ book for all ages. ABSOLUTELY ingenious. Challenges the mind to "think outside of the box."

-Ella Enchanted~ a moving and exciting book. A romance novel (not too much), yet with a good deal of fast pace action that sweeps you off your feet and makes you want to read more. There is a movie, I believe, being made that is based upon it. Yet, from the commercials, it does not look like the movie will be much like the book. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Oh, well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

These are a few of my favorite books and series. I recommend them for you all to read. They are all beautifully crafted and total works of art. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Galadel Vinorel is offline   Reply With Quote