View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #1131
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Over the last two weekends I have been lucky enough to spend my time in the company of some admirable 'Downers and one equally admirable non-'Downer. This has involved frequently running for trains, accidentally assaulting innocent bystanders, meeting random Swedish people and consistently making fun of Squatter. (By the way, there is a wonderful picture lurking on my computer of a certain person drinking a certain drink - have I permission to post it Squatter?)

Anyway, it all started in London (after an evening spent researching how to get to London give that every train in the south east appeared to have morphed into a bus) at the most expensive pub I've ever been in with Mith, Squatter and Aganzir. Having been coerced into buying drinks we then had a lovely if hard to hear chat. Occasionally the conversation went a bit high-brow or at least, 1980s-brow and therefore went a bit over mine and Agan's heads but it was still lovely! We then moved on for food. Agan refused to speak to us during the meal but that was apparently due to her being Finnish rather than hatred.

From here we lost both Squatter and Mith, but not before a well-planned hug attack turned into an attack on a very cross woman. We feel bad ... really we do ...

Agan and I went on to spend an hour or two sat in a bar waiting for the non-'Downer component of the trip. There was much talk of werewolf, other 'Downers, my inability to remember anything in my life, and the events of previous moots. Then Annina turned up, demanded food and we left. (This is misleading. I was getting the last train home right at that moment ).

Now, I thought that was it, but no! Friday arrives and there is another opportunity to see 3/4 of these marvellous people. So off I trooped up to London again (without train troubles this time thankfully) and there were Agan and Annina waiting for me. A theme was revealed when we immediately went to get food, picked up Squatter, and headed straight for a bar again. No people-abusing this time though. Around 3 or 4 hours were then spent in said bar where Annina and I watched as Agan and Squatter fell steadily in love over a cosmopolitan and politics. A mad dash to the last train then followed and back home.

It has been a while since I've seen Mith and it was lovely to see her again! I think she was a little terrified by some of the madness but she coped gallantly. She also brought chocolate raisins which means I love her for life.

It was nice to see Squatter so many times in a week! And he very kindly bought us drinks so again he is loved for life. His hat, his random mumblings, his new fuddy-duddy moniker and his general laid back attitude to the insanity around him makes him a very enjoyable person to be around.

Agan is always fun to experience! Got to spend quite a bit of time one to one with her for once so we had some really interesting conversations. Admittedly I monopolised a large part of one of them with school questions but it was really interesting! I'm very glad we got to meet up so soon after Finlandmoot and didn't have to wait a whole year this time!

Annina I finally feel I actually started to get to know this time which was so lovely! Normally when we meet there are so many others around we barely have time for a chat but over drinks if not food () we did this time! Hopefully we'll meet up again soon!

Two fab weekends all in all.