View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 03:53 PM   #272
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ooh, Fea, I came here to write about a similar kind of day...

I had a delightfully hobbity experience walking home from school today (still can't drive...). See, my favorite way home (and, incidentally, the shortest) crosses over some fields between some people's yards and one of the busier streets in town - I think they're owned by the doctor's office but anyway. I walked outside expecting it to be freezing cold like it has been but instead I find that I can take my winter coat completely off. The wind was picking up, and darker clouds were just starting to move in - it rained last night and I think it's going to rain again soon, you can just smell it. So when I got to the fields, it was so nice that I just took off my shoes and walked barefoot over the slightly muddy fields. That wet slightly squishy feeling is delightful, even if the water is still slightly chilly (it is February, after all, and normally I wouldn't even think of doing this... actually that's not true. I tried once and about froze my feet off...). Not quite sunny, but with patches of blue sky poking through the greyish clouds. Mmm.

Just warm enough that it feels delightful to open up the window, even if my mom just yelled at me to shut it because it's too cold...

Days like today are definitely Shire-worthy. So are bare feet.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote