Thread: The Necromancer
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #37
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
I expect to see something almost fully formed and man shaped, maybe wrapped in a hooded cloak. I really do not want to see that stupid Eye again. I believe that The Eye of Sauron was shown in the wrong context in the films, for a start Tolkien wrote that the Eye was within the Tower of Barad-dur. I believe that the Eye was merely a device, a physical representation of the will of Sauron. The Orcs saw it through his controlling will of them, it appeared in the Mirror of Galadriel because his will was stretching forth searching for Galadriel, yet both Pippin and Aragorn looking into the Palantir refer to seeing Him and not The Eye. In The Black Gate Is Closed Gollum says 'But master is going to take it to him, straight to the Black Hand. Later in the same chapter Frodo says 'It was Isildur who cut off the finger of the Enemy', and Gollum replies 'Yes, He has only four on the Black Hand, but they are enough', Gollum has seen the real Sauron. So for me, The Necromancer would have to be a figure and not the Eye.

Last edited by narfforc; 03-15-2012 at 10:35 AM.
narfforc is offline   Reply With Quote