View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 02:29 AM   #292
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Lemme be straight with you soon again drunken bastards about the issues from yesterDay. As I’m going to pass out soon I’d like to share my thoughs on the issue.

Everytime we lynch someone we get to choose between the innocents and those vermins called mutineers. Everytime the mutineers kill someone they only kill innocents (possibly co-opsies). Now you have chosen not to try taking as many mutineers down as possible thus adding to the ratio of how many of the deaths so far are dictated only by the mutineers eg. choices that involved only innocents.

Now I see some of you arguing we win a Day for later use. Might be, might be… But that Snifflin’ Mac Sparrow is right and we only gain a phase. What follows is that gaining a phase will lead us only into a 50-50 chance of gaining a Day for voting. And whether we will have it or not will depend on how many mutineers we manage to lynch and when & whether the avenger or protector get into business. So it’s impossible to say right now.

Now it looks more likely that Mira is/was an ordinary innocent. Were she something else she probably would have not quitted on the first problem but tried to hang on (she would have had two days IRL to fix the problem – or take part in a net-café, library or by a friend or anything if not getting her computer fixed). That being quite believable, the choice is downright horrible. So you preferred to lynch someone who is more probably an innocent who would have died anyway and decided not to try lynching a mutineer in the first place! And for what? For a chance that it may affect the number of Days we can vote, or then it might not.

What would you do with a chance for extra lynching if you already have thrown away a lynching?

Okay, someone might contest what I’m saying by stating that deciding not to lynch on Day2 and exchanging that for a later lynch would be preferable as we can possibly make better educated decisions later (in this game, huh, sounds like wishful thinking to me at least at the moment). But because it’s not sure we get that “extra-lynch” in the first place I still say it was a waste of our only weapon yesterday.

The question then remains whether those who advocated Mira’s lynching were just not thinking it through or whether some of them were also malicious… Were any of them baddies in danger there at the end of the Day yesterDay? That might explain some of the enthusiasm…

Looking at the voting from yesterDay the only one looking like a possible candidate besides Eomer (who clearly is not a mutineer) would have been Annu.

Okay, one positive thing about your decision. As the lynched ones are those we will not have any clue of, it’s good Mira, who probably isn’t going to post much or at all, is the chosen one as someone must be lynched anyway and thus becomes one we have no clue of.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote