View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 06:02 PM   #9
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
I actually mentioned this in another thread.

I have a "friend" who barely even understands the movie, yet he pretends to be as scholarly about the books and movies as I (not to brag, myself, of course). I can remember his most painful antics.

-First, after seeing FotR, he never got it into his head that Aragorn's name was Aragorn. He kept insisting that his real name was Strider and that Aragorn was in fact a nickname. I easily destroyed that visage by giving ALL of Aragorn's names, including the monker, "Strider." You should have seen his face when I said "Longshanks."

-This person is also a spoiler-maniac. Somehow he managed to find a spoiler site for TTT (why would this exist if people could just read the books to find out?) and was able to tell all my friends about the plot, pretending he'd read the book. I calmly asked him who Shelob was. He had the gall to insist that I had just picked out a really unimportant character so he would look stupid. I easily floored him by proving that Shelob is a crucial character in TTT.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Kransha is offline   Reply With Quote