View Single Post
Old 09-14-2002, 05:45 PM   #61
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Regarding stumbling onto spies--Might it be possible to assume that Sauron would have had his minions down watching the shoreline to see if any Elven ships would appear through the back door--the eastern side of the island. If so, he would have attempted to "hijack" these Elven ships.

When the spies see the small boats accompanied by two hobbits in the water, they would be very curious since all hobbits were thought to be in prison. They would come down to take a look, and see the hobbrim actually speaking with us. Until that time, the hobbrim were taken as "animals", non-sentient beings, by other people in Numenor whenever they were briefly glimpsed (even those glimpses were rare.)

Seeing the hobbrim speak, the spies would then know they were sentient beings. We would have to kill them all. Otherwise, they would take the news of the hobbrim back to Sauron. Plus, they'd be trying to grab Rose, and Daisy, and Child to haul them away to prison. Hopefully, they will fail as we, together with the hobrim , will kill them.

Dos this sound ok? How many baddies can we kill? Any suggestions.

About the post, I'll check. Every time I tried to send it though I got one of those website not available notices (504?). I finally copied it elsewhere and got out of the site. I checked back and saw two posted, but maybe there were more. (I did erase 1) sharon