Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 07:46 AM   #7322
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
New page.

TUNA: A dark fish for a hill? (Dark Elves).
HYARROSTAR: Linger, wife of Abraham! Switch an exclamation, and take a turn about here! (Elendil)
EREBOR: Partition switches note and meanders. (Frodo).
4. A German baptism unit and a spy, note! How it all twists around here! (Tolkien).
DALE: Note boy returning here, (or show surprise to him, in Yorkshire!) (Frodo).
MORDOR: Disemvowelled red room in a mess around here! (Aragorn).
7. Leave him in singularly dire straits, when they all mingle here? (Boromir).
8. Sweetly old-fashioned tile broken here? (Dark Elves).
9. Rob thin person? No, place. Confused? (Frodo)
PINE-WOODS: Place to shoot Carry On films, severally. (Frodo). *
GONDOR: A bird changes its note here. (Bilbo & Frodo).
VALINOR: The first of November! Behold, heraldic fur! Scramble for it! (Dark Elves).
MORIA: A dwarf in his rightful place, with his mother surrounding him? (Thrain).
14. Note quaint fruit with an unusual core, after an article here. (Pippin).

* Probably/possibly

THEME: Places one or more people (fairly notably/significantly) did not go or return to, (either on a particular occasion or ever, and sometimes in spite of intention and/or invitation).

The Dark Elves never sailed west, so did not visit Tuna or Valinor.

Elendil could not go back to any part of Numenor once it was under the sea (unless he invented a very powerful snorkel).

Frodo never visited Dale or Erebor, although Gloin invited him.

Aragorn never went to Mordor (at least, not before the Ring was destroyed), although he would have gone there with Frodo had Merry and Pippin not needed rescuing (as it seemed).

'Good morning!' said Bilbo. `Feel ready for the great council?' `I feel ready for anything,' answered Frodo. `But most of all I should like to go walking today and explore the valley. I should like to get into those pine-woods up there.' He pointed away far up the side of Rivendell to the north. 'You may have a chance later,' said Gandalf. `But we cannot make any plans yet.' … I suppose he never went in the end. He might have, but once the weight of Middle-earth was truly on his shoulders …? It's said that he spent as much time as possible with Bilbo. Would Bilbo have been up to exploring pine woods?

Bilbo never visited Gondor, although he was, of course, invited to A and A's wedding (too old; packing such a bother). Frodo would always have been welcome back there, but he was too deeply hurt and sailed west.

I believe Thrain meant to enter Moria, but he was waylaid and died in the pits of Dol Guldur.*

* Have I got this right? The bit about Thrain and Moria?