View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 04:58 PM   #7
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I agree with G55, at the time you're referring to, whether it's book-Eomer or movie-Eomer, I don't think there's a reason Eomer would seek out the Elves for aid.

Granted, I can't think of a movie reason, because it's not something that's addressed. Even though it's a pretty big plot hole, because after meeting with Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli near Fangorn (I believe that's where it is in the movies), Eomer says "We ride north." So, presumably they passed Lorien, considering Haldir's elves show up to Helm's Deep before Eomer's Rohirrim? Trying to unravel Jackson's plot holes will give me a headache though.

As for more book reasons, why it would most likely be Gondor, Eomer would go. Eomer mentions having seen Boromir once before and was saddened to learn of his death. Also his mother, Theodwyn (Theoden's sister) had ties to Gondor. Their parents were Thengel, who for a time lived in Gondor and married Morwen of Lossarnach.