View Single Post
Old 09-10-2003, 09:30 AM   #255
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

Quote:
Snowdog & Nerindel, Easalaide could you please let me know if your characters need to interact or sight either Naiore or Vanwe before mother and daughter meet. I don't want to skip too far ahead in one post and ruin your own ideas and plans.
I thionk Hanasían will see Vanwe in the early morn after he talks with Amandur, and he will have to decide his course. Of course the other Rangers will want to pursue Naiore right off, which is the immediate goal of the mission. However, he wants to know where Benia went, and suspects Kaldir doing something in his absence.

Quote:
Nice job Elora, especially with Elrond's sons, but I did want to ask if you really need the passage about Naiore assisting Sauron in picking wraiths. I highly doubt this could/would happen as Sauron was not openly evil at that point and probably had individuals or titles in mind as the rings of power were forged. Plus he doesn't seem much of a delegator!
The passage , but its inclusion will hardly have any relevence to this RP, so lets not get so wrapped up in details [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. My take on this sort of thing is if it doesn't contradict Tolkien's own writings in the story, then there is alot of 'behind-the-scenes' interactions that could have gone on. For instance... We know from the appendices in Return of the King that the Dúnedain were ever diligent in protecting the northern plains and hills from incursions of evil (wargs, orcs, etc.), but there is little details given as to the actual events that took place. Example... Arathorn II, Aragorn's father was killed by an orc arrow in the eye, but the details are left out. So it would be presumed that they pursued and otherwise had an entanglment with a band of orcs somewhere in the lands that had made up the Kingdom of Arnor. Going by the history of the Northern Dúnedain, it was apparent that there were many such battles, skirmishes, incursions over the years since the Witch-King was driven out. Are we not free to make up our bits of story within these confines, as long as no canon is affected? Anyway, I am getting long-winded here. Lets write and let the creativity flow!

Nerendil, it sounds good to me!

Well, I'm at work, so have to get back to it.
Happy writing all! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]