View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 09:03 PM   #346
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Marenil gave Thornden a friendly glance from under bristled brows. "I reckon I could do a fair job for you, Lord Eodwine. Especially with young arms like this to share the burden."

A shrug, and his bright grey eyes turned sharply to Eodwine's, still amused. "And I'll admit, Lord, it's like to be a light task, after Farlen's household. Not to belittle your issues here, but your house is yet small, and Farlen's could populate half this city, I think sometimes. I'd be honored to do you aid in this. And I reckon this is as good a place as any for a bit of a rest, after my long labor."

"But what about Enna?" The question was not meant to carry, but those on the dais could clearly hear Lin's suddenly concerned voice. Marenil sighed, having hoped not to have to break more sad news to the girl so soon after her ordeal. He knew she'd been having nightmares, as he could hear her rising in the night, could see the fear still haunting her eyes...but there was a new glint of steel in their grey depths, and he prayed every night that it would, in the end, triumph. She needed time to rest, and recuperate...something. He looked up at Eodwine, waiting for permission to leave before taking Lin aside.