View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 11:47 AM   #311
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Twylight

Iadarion appeared around the corner, staggering slightly. As he got closer, Twylight noticed bags under his lidded eyes. Bingo helped him into the last empty chair, smiling broadly. The table now had quite a crowd around it: a very sour-looking Marcho, a still very shy-looking Posco, a beaming Bingo, a very nervous-looking Lily, a hung-over Iadarion, and her, Twylight. She supposed she was one of the more interesting characters at this table, herself, being mute. She wasn't sure she very much liked the idea.

"Bingo Cotton at your service," Bingo said, bowing to Lily. "I am most honored to make your acquaintance, Miss Lily. Might I get you a cup of tea as well? And Toby? Would you like something? And Twylight... and -" he smiled and shook his head slightly, "- before I begin naming all of you, might I ask if anyone desires something at the counter? I will gladly go fetch it for you." Twylight held up her hand and shook her head firmly.I'll stay a little longer, but to tell the truth, I'm probably going to turn in soon. It's been a long day. she wrote. I'll probably stay long enough to make sure Iadarion is all right. She held the note up to Bingo so no one else could see what was written, least of all Iadarion. Bingo nodded slightly to show that he understood, and jogged off to the counter.

So, Iadarion, how do you feel? Besides your headache of course. Are you planning to stay the night? I can help you arrange a room if you'd like.

With one last flourish, she pushed the note in front of Iadarion's place at the scarred table.