View Single Post
Old 10-06-2002, 09:59 AM   #21
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Please allow me to add my two pieces of mithril to the discussion.

* looks up from the table where he's been enjoying seedcakes and ale, lights a conversational bowl of pipeweed, nods a good-natured greeting to all present *

Have you ever stopped to consider that all experts must start somewhere? Take the Fellowship of the Ring for example. Frodo, Samwise, Merry, Pippin ... when they first began their adventure, they could hardly be considered experts. Yet each one of these Hobbits proved a valuable contributor to the group. It was a matter of being open enough to recognize their potential, give them a chance, assist them with a little encouragement and guidance now and again.

* inhales smoke *

In a similar way, those who but glimpse an incomplete view of Middle Earth and its history through the magic of the palantir rather than through the effort of serious study of books, ought to be welcomed to the community of the Barrow Downs, should they come here seeking fellowship and willing to contribute their talents to the betterment of all through active participation in this realm.

And Bethberry, I admire the eloquence of your words in this discussion ... please allow those words to speak for me as well. * bows best he can from a sitting position * [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

At your Service,

Gandalf the Grey
Gandalf_theGrey is offline   Reply With Quote