View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #44
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by popo View Post
Enjoy reading all the experts insights on this site, hopefully some can help my simpleton understanding as it relates to this topic.
Welcome to the Downs! I am not an expert, but I'll give your questions a shot.

Quote:
1) At what point do the ring bearers start to wear the rings again? After Sauron is defeated? After Isildur loses the one?
I would say after Sauron's apparent defeat, the keepers of the Three would have thought it safe to wield their rings.

Quote:
2) Isn't it awfully dangerous to go on wearing the rings once they know that the One is discovered. Especially when they know it is about to be precariously marched into Mordor? At that point shouldn't they remove the rings to avoid the potential of the loss of the One, and themselves being bound to him?
They didn't know the One had been found for certain, until Gandalf confirmed it by the Ring's inscription. At that point they knew it was not in the hands of the Enemy or his servants. Therefore, it was still safe to use the Three. If Sauron regained the One, it would all be over for them, whether they removed the rings and tried to hide them, or not.