View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #34
MatthewM
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MatthewM has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MatthewM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
think services such as Skype allow to record calls (not sure whether the quality's sufficient). All who play a role needed in a particular scene (plus a "director", maybe) could just call each other at one time to record a scene. With a little bit of scheduling, this might be a way.

The voice samples are a good idea, but who decides who gets to decide over who gets which role?
What's Skype? I'm not familiar with it...is it something like a program online in which you could record conversations, etc? If so, that's definitely a start and a good idea. Indeed with some scheduling it is a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Actually, on second thought, discussion (a la Wikipedia) tends to give better results than democracy when you have a small enough group to make it feasible - the trouble there, though, is the inhibiting effect concern for the prospective actors' feelings will have. Secret ballots it must be...
Well, I would say a discussion on the matter of casting would be fair enough for everybody. Definitely samples are needed though, auditioning for a certain character, perhaps? What do you mean about Wikipedia? Do they have discussion boards? We could also discuss here about casting for each role - let me just say, it's no secret who I want to voice - and I could provide you with an excellent audition via my crummy microphone here to prove my worth.

Male voices - I am one, I'm sure we would have plenty. Maybe somebody could also, if they have the skill, do more than one voice. I don't think I could, but I'm sure other people have this skill.

It's also necessary to decide which parts of the story we shall attempt to do - my vote is Book II, that being The Council of Elrond - The Breaking of the Fellowship. Any other parts people would like to attempt? I know Gwathagor mentioned Bombadil.